Planning Your Giving
It is important for everyone to develop a Giving Plan.
- These are the gifts you give routinely during a year.
- Examples include Pledges or other regular gifts to Larchmont UMC or routine gifts to charitable organizations, colleges or universities.
- These are gifts you give for special, possibly one-time uses.
- Examples include gifts for Larchmont UMC Capital Improvements, such as renovating the Great Room for our children or answering special calls for help from charitable organizations beyond your planned, regular giving.
- These gifts are intended to further future activities of Larchmont UMC or other charitable organizations, colleges or universities.
- Examples include gifts given both while alive, such as transferring required minimum distribution, or bequests via wills or Trusts.
There are many ways to give. There are opportunities to serve with our time and talents--you can see many of them listed under our Volunteer page. Come join us doing something you can feel good about!
DID YOU KNOW? If you are turning 70 1/2 or older in 2023 you can give to Larchmont United Methodist Church (or other 401.C.3 organization) using a Qualified Charitable Distribution (commonly called a “QCD”) from your IRA? AND, you are not taxed on the QCD amount! Contact our Endowment Committee Chair, Gary Chiaverotti (firstname.lastname@example.org), to find out how a QCD works and how you can benefit while supporting LUMC Ministry, Mission, and Outreach activities and Endowment Program.
DID YOU KNOW? There is no minimum to open a Donor-Advised Fund?
A donor-advised fund, or DAF, is like a charitable investment account for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations you care about. Donor-advised funds are the fastest-growing charitable giving vehicle in the United States because: (1) they are easy to set up, (2) provide significant tax-advantages, and (3) enable you to give to charities you care about.
Contact our Endowment Committee Chair, Gary Chiaverotti (email@example.com), to find out how a DAF works and how you can benefit while supporting LUMC Ministry, Mission, and Outreach activities and Endowment Program.